Friday, March 23, 2007

The Secret

, ,

Wow! Have I ever been neglecting my blog! I aim to remedy that right now!

I had the opportunity to watch "the Secret" the other day. I had really been looking forward to it, but, unfortunately, it did not meet my expectations. I thought the film was poorly done, a bit sensational, had poor acting and cheap cinematography.

The content though, was the real let-down. Lets face it - this is not rocket science! They refer to "the Universe", I call it God. They talk about "attracting what you want", I call it praying. They refer to feelings and believing that you will get what you desire, I call that faith - and it's as natural as breathing (to me, anyway).

I will admit that it was a nice reminder of the benefits of positive thinking and not dwelling on your problems. But a revolutionary "Secret" it is not.

2 comments:

supermom_in_ny said...

I haven't seen the movie yet, but that was exactly what I thought. It was information I knew, but hadn't been putting into action. Well, I started and it's been unreal. I wrote an entry about it and I posted an update on how much I earned in March. You might want to check it out...

Thanks for the links. I'll be reciprocating!

SuperMom in NY!

Melanie said...

Great! Thanks! I've been trying to put it into action too. It's going slowly, but better than nothing!